So as the universe so delivers on so many levels, I came out of my meditation and discovered some 8 fundamental principles of life.
- The laws under which we live are designed solely for our advantage. These laws are immutable and we cannot escape from their operation.
- All great eternal forces act in solemn silence, but it is in our power to place ourselves in harmony with them and thus express a life of comparative peace and happiness.
- Difficulties, inharmonies and obstacles, indicate that we are either refusing to give out what we no longer need or refusing to accept what we require.
- Growth is attained through an exchange of the old for the new, of the good for the better; it is a conditional or reciprocal action, for each of us is a complete thought entity and this completeness makes it possible for us to receive only as we give.
- We cannot obtain what we lack if we tenaciously cling to what we have. We are able to consciously control our conditions as we come to extract from each experience only what we require for our further growth. Our ability to do this determines the degree of harmony or happiness we attain.
- The ability to appropriate what we require for our growth, continually increases as we reach for our growth, continually increases as we reach higher planes and broader visions and the greater our ability to know what we require, the more certain we shall be to discern its presence, to attract it and absorb it. Nothing may reach us except what is necessary for our growth.
- All conditions and experiences that come to us do so for our benefit. Difficulties and obstacles will continue to come until we absorb their wisdom and gather from them the essentials of further growth.
- That we reap what we sow is mathematically exact. We gain permanent strength exactly to the extent of the effort required to overcome difficulties.
(As written by Charles Haanel in 1912.)